Saturday, April 28, 2007

My song

A couple years late. A song I started, yet never finished. I hope it does the memory justice, and I take my hat off to the wonderful memories of this closing chapter.



I’ve never walked in rain..
With someone else by my side.
I’ve never seen my soul,
Reflected in, angel’s eyes.

You came and saw, and heard me.
You saw my flaws, yet strengthened, the light in me.
I was blind to the things that you did for me,
Never; to see the sun.

I’ve never made a choice,
With someone else, in my mind.
I’ve never had my life,
Taken up, soaring high.

I look back now on my final words,
So I can tell you now what you didn’t hear.
My world wouldn’t be true,
If it was to be, without you.
.
Fighting against my pride,
whispering it’s all okay.
I never set you free,
I held you far too tight.

Now I hope to do,
what I thought impossible to do,
to say goodbye to you,
on a sea of dried up tears in memory.

To say goodbye to you..
On a sea, of dried up tears in memory.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

the ff8 song is awesome... wheres the music for yours??