Friday, April 13, 2007

Prologue

And so I begin the prologue, about 3 weeks after creating this blog. Initially, when first making this blog, I wasn't sure what I wanted out of it. But as time trickled by, I eventually reached my 15th blog post. I've come the realization that I want this site to tell my story.

I've been told on several occasions, by many different sources, that time is of the essence. Time is a luxury life cannot afford. That time waits for no man. The people who usually tell me this though.. don't appreciate every moment given to them. Instead, they look at schedules, they look at blocks, hours, shifts, days, weeks. They don't just .. stop, and appreciate the moments given.

I'm going to strive to accomplish all my goals, whilst appreciating every aspect of my journey on the way. No wasted moments.

There is a part of me that's chastizing me for doing all this. Why the hell do you tell the world? Can't you, for once in your life, be silent? I guess, in part, it binds me to my words, and now I feel obligated succeed.

The pressure is there.

Of course, there is a shadow of doubt that I'll reach all.. or if indeed any, of these goals of mine. The possibility that I'll lost my willpower and drive.. and fall back into the sea of drifters, is a very real one in the back of my mind.

However, I'm reminded of a chat I had with a friend yesterday whom I particulary admire. I asked her, "during times when you have nothing left.. no energy, no motivation, no willpower.. what stops you from giving up? What keeps you going?"

Her answer : "I don't know the meaning of giving up".

.. Incredible, isn't it?

I have a past that is rich with tales of success, grief, failure, and embarrassment, but rest assured, the only thing important is the present and future. The past is a story best left told another day.

So for now, I'll focus, and try to appreciate every pebble on the road to my dreams. A journey that begins with with nothing, and ends with everything.

No comments: