Saturday, March 31, 2007

Greetings!

Do something everyday that scares you, then run like hell!

Hey all!

And so I finally finished tweaking my site, and it's ready to act as my journal.

A big thanks to my dear Jie for encouraging me to get this up and going. Without her, I would have never started. Thanks to my number 1 fan and rival, Ms Jeannie Eu, for encouraging me further to continue this site, who's invaluable advice of "UPDATE YOUR PREHISTORIC BLOG" was always a driving force. Check out her site on my links. And a shoutout to Stacia, Zhi, and Daniel, for spending the time to painstakingly explain to me how to get the basics right. Last of all, but definitely not least, a hug to my niece and nephew, Ashley and Lucas, who somehow managed to drain almost all my energy and time, without the slightest objection from myself.

And so now the time has come to say, I'm not entirely sure where I'm going to go with this. I've adopted the inspiration to make this my vent, my best friend, and perhaps, my biography; so that one day I can look back and read it all in the blissful knowledge of where it would lead. I'll try to document all the thoughts and ideals that go through the maelstrom that is my mind. Brutal honesty is the best form of writing in a journal, so if I should so happen as to write something about you that isn't so nice, it isn't intended to let the masses know about how much of a bastard you are. (Though I'd probably think you are) But if you can't understand that, then I invite you to write a blog about myself. Try to link my site to your rant if you can. :D

I strongly suggest that if you come across something in my writings such as "lol","rofl","wtf" or "noob" then you refer to my abbreviations link on the side (Which I actually haven't written yet) .

In any case, I recently asked several people, both close and distant from me, this question :

"Based on what you know of me, what can you identify as my 2 weaknesses and 2 strengths?"

I gotta tell you guys.. it wasn't easy! Hearing that I lack fashion sense, personal hygiene, culture, commitment, motivation, and discipline (among other things) is quite a humbling experience. Although, some people gave some honestly stupid replies (in my opinion) . Such as :

- "Er.. a weakness.. is ah.. you like women. But that can be a strength.. I guess."
- "Your strength is that you don't suck! haha. Nah kidding. Honestly? Don't know. You don't have any. But you don't have any weaknesses either. Ya know?" "Deep."
- "You don't praise people enough." "You mean I dont praise you enough." "Yeah."

Anyway, as some of you know, I made an aspiration to reach my first million by 30. Dad said he would sing and dance in public if I can do it by 28, so I guess that's my deadline. I'm 24.

The reason for this question is for self analysis, and it'll be crucial for my goals. Suffice to say, I don't doubt I'll end up just where I want to be. I just wonder if I can beat the deadline! Enjoy the journey with me.

No comments: