Sunday, August 19, 2007

Indulgence

"Don't eat it, it's bad for you."

"Eat your broccoli, it's good for you."

Surely we've ALL heard phrases like this in our life. Today's blog is the dissection of such statements, and the legitimacy of their claims.

First off, let me begin my analysis with this :



Oh god... look at that glorious oozing fatty gravy. Delicious. According to the accounts of 3 friends who work in the KFC business, the complex process of making this gravy can be simplified into the following equation :

Gravy powder + Water + Slag at the bottom of the oven = Gravy

Yep, that's how they make it. And you know what? I still eat it!

If my mother could read blogs, she'd probably tell me not to eat it since it looks like a pile of crap and directly translates to extra blob on my stomach.

So now I ask you a profound question ... is gravy bad for a person who loves it? Is it equally bad for a person who loves it, and is due to die in 1 hour?

They say stress is bad. If eating gravy reduces stresses, can't that be argued to be a good thing? If eating a nice hot pot of gravy puts a smile on your face on an otherwise very gray day, wouldn't it be worth it? I guess in the end, it all depends on perspective. Junkfood can be good for you. *grin*

Next time you don't allow yourself that extra scoop of icecream, ask yourself... why not?

Life isn't meant to be picture perfect. Let yourself laugh.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why not? You still need a degree of control over what you indulge in. Always draw a line across acceptable and overdoing it, just like me now. Having Prelims yet reading your blog when my potential to earn more money than you is being...wasted.

Yeah, why not is good but how much is another thing :)

Jeannie said...

that gravy is awesome and to deny yourself of it would be a sin... hehe :P bring on the bulge!